Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome Mat Wednesday


Today, I’m rolling out the welcome mat for my new blog followers—networked, regular followers, Pinterest, email, bookmarking the blog, or through one of the rebroadcasted postings.  I appreciate everyone who reads Early Onset Alzheimer’s blog and hope you find the blog inspirational and informative.

The blog is written in a “user friendly” style even when I discuss health news. I don’t use medical jargon. I am not a medical professional and don’t like needles and the sight of blood makes me sick to my stomach. I do have an insatiable curiosity about any breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s research and therapies. I also have first-hand knowledge of being a primary caregiver for a loved one with dementia and understand the turmoil a caregiver endures.

Most of the new traffic to my blog and Facebook is because of the Healthline Best Health Blog of the Year Contest, but I hope that after the contest is over, you continue to visit. I also want to welcome the hundred or so people who joined my Facebook event “Vote for Linda Fisher’s Early Onset Alzheimer’s Blog.” This dedicated group votes daily for Early Onset Alzheimer’s blog and have pushed the blog to second place!

And on this middle day of the workweek, I throw the virtual door open in welcome to all who enter the blogosphere to read Early Onset Alzheimer’s blog.

Vote here: http://www.healthline.com/health/best-health-blogs-contest
Join the Facebook event here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/368925796536932/

No comments: