Friday, January 4, 2013

Find a Friend Friday

I am blessed to have a lot of friends, and hope that you do too. If you are like me, you hesitate to ask friends for a favor and would much rather be the one paying it forward.

Those of you who know me and who follow my blog have already figured out that although I'm involved in many things, Alzheimer's and dementia are my passions.

I've been blogging since 2008, but my mission started when my husband, Jim, was diagnosed with an Alzheimer's type of dementia at age 49. Now, the little blog I began is visited daily by people who, like me, have had their heart broken by a disease that slowly steals a loved one away. The circle of family and friends and their support is so important. They are the ones that keep you going and laughing. Their hugs are much like the mother's kiss that really can make it better.

My Early Onset Alzheimer's blog has been nominated by Healthline for the best health blog of 2012 contest with a $1,000 prize. Currently, I'm in the top ten out of 300+ blogs. The competition is fierce and my friends and family have kept me there for over a week. Thank you, if you have been casting your vote each day.

If each of you will find a friend today to vote for Early Onset Alzheimer's blog, I think I can maintain my third place position and even move forward. Who knows, if we double the votes with one friend each, we could even win this contest!

It is easy to vote, you simply follow the link below and click on the "Vote Now" button next to Early Onset Alzheimer's. If I win, I will use the prize money to fund attendance of my 13th consecutive Alzheimer’s Association Public Policy Forum in Washington, DC.



Thank you for your support, and I hope the friend you find today is a blessing in your life.






5 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

I have blogged since the last day in 2008 about my husband's Alzheimer's and loved your books, Linda. I also just mentioned you in a blog.

Hugs and prayers,
Carol

L S Fisher said...

Thanks, Carol. Always enjoy hearing from you and visit your blog when I get a chance. I'll need to catch up on my reading!

You are a longtime blogger too!

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Yep and not leaving the house today, so I tried to "Friend" someone of Facebook today.

Carol Noren Johnson said...

So I voted for your blog as the best health blog. Looks like you are now #3. Good going?

L S Fisher said...

Thanks, Carol! Your vote is appreciated.