Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tenacious Tuesday


Tenacity is a characteristic that has a positive impact on a caregiver’s effectiveness. Alzheimer’s disease can last for decades, and a tenacious caregiver has the staying power to persevere without faltering.

One of the most tenacious people I have known in my life was my mother-in-law. She tackled life with a bulldogged determination. When Jim developed dementia, she was a rock every step of the journey. From the early stages to the nursing home years, her unconditional loving care never once wavered.

Today, I salute my mother-in-law and all the other tenacious caregivers who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s and other terminal diseases. It takes a special kind of person to overcome adversity and still live life to the fullest.

I want to thank the tenacious people who continue to vote every day for Early Onset Alzheimer’s blog in the Healthline contest. They daily cast a vote for Alzheimer’s awareness for 26 million people worldwide with Alzheimer’s and for the families that love them.

No comments: